I ran across this in a newsletter from GNFI. It is so fantastic I had to share.
In Genesis 5 we see the record of the first 10 generations of mankind. (along with the meanings of the names)
Adam = Mankind
Seth = Appointed to
Enos = feeble, frail, mortality
Cainan = a fixed dwelling place
Mahalaleel = God who is praised
Jared = Comes down, descend
Enoch = to instruct, train up
Methuselah = a man sent forth
Lamech = To be beaten, smitten, and tortured
Noah = To bring rest, a quiet peace
When we put it all together it becomes a prophetic poem!!
Mankind is appointed to feeble, frail, mortality in a fixed dwelling place.
Yah who is praised comes down to instruct as a men sent forth to be beaten, smitten and tortured bringing rest, a quiet peace.
I have already half written my next post...I promise to move quickly now.
What I will be saying will be getting more radical and raise many questions.
I promise I will get to Romans, Galations, Hebrews and all those fantastic passages surrounding the law. I also have a treatise on Legalism that I will throw in at the end.
I am not sure at this point what will be more helpful, to stop and address questions or continue to develop the whole idea and then address NT questions as they relate back to my theory.
This is getting so exciting but I had to throw in that cool prophetic poem. That is neat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I really like the poem. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment